All postings are for positions at the Chelsea, Michigan based "JIFFY" Mix plant, unless noted otherwise.
Sanitation Facilitator (Supervisor)
This Sanitation Facilitator will oversee sanitation and pest management operations and work directly with the Sanitation Manager to coordinate sanitation activities in the plant to ensure day-to-day operations of the Sanitation team.
- Performs daily plant walkthroughs to identify and prioritize food safety risks. Partners with Operations and Quality to address identified risks.
- Monitors compliance to all required food safety and GMP procedures.
- Verifies plant-wide, timely completion of the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Schedule, including performance of routine program reviews.
- Actively participates on all external audits including but not limited to AIB, FSSC 22000 and FDA/MDA.
- Participates as a member of the Food Safety Team and performs internal audits.
3-5 years of experience in sanitation management with working knowledge of food safety and pest control, preferably in the food processing/milling industry.
- Certified Pest Control Operator
- Food Safety Background
- Supervisory Training Seminars
- Chemical safety training
- Meet respirator program requirements
- Confined space entry knowledge
- AIB sanitation training
- Allergen cleaning procedures
- GFSI knowledge preferably FSSC 22000
- Experience managing people.
High School degree or equivalent.
Demonstrated working experience with computers and business software programs required.
Associates Degree; 5 years of food plant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience which includes sanitation experience.
- Available to work flexible hours with a varied schedule. Majority of work hours will be on 2nd and 3rd Shift.
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Be able to work in dusty conditions.
- Not afraid of heights. Be able to climb ladders.
- Be able to use chemicals in a safe manner (follow chemical instructions) and meet respirator program requirements.
Chelsea Milling Company engages an independent recruiting organization to forward us potentially qualified candidates for this and other positions. They are familiar with our requirements. We trust them to forward the most qualified people to us for consideration.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.