Bar-B-Q Chicken Pizza
(One 12" Pizza)
1 pkg. "JIFFY" Pizza Crust Mix
- 1/2 cup warm water (80°F to 90°F)
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1-2 chicken breasts
- 4 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. mozzarella or provolone cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp. Mesquite seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 12” pizza pan. Preheat 2 tablespoons of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high.
Season the chicken with mesquite rub or quick marinade and set aside. Add onions and peppers to prepared skillet. Caramelize to a golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside. Place chicken in skillet and cook thoroughly. Prepare pizza crust as directed on package. Spread BBQ sauce over crust. Spread onions and peppers over sauce. Slice chicken and layer on pizza. Top with cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.